Link to the show: Young Adult Movie Ministry Vol. 2, Ep. 2 on Substack
Release date: August 26, 2021
Movie of the Week
Who the Hosts Are This Week
Sam is Prada Guy, editor-for-hire, and editor of Forever Wars. Alissa is Vox’s film critic and High Priestess of this podcast.
- Sam thinks every movie is like Midsommar. (Not just the ones w/ human sacrifice…)
- The Shema Yisrael
- The two most important movies to this podcast: The Exorcist and Hail, Caesar!
- People by Peter Spier (Sam’s kid’s mandatory bedtime reading)
- Cedar Rapids' 2020 inland hurricane
- Lyz’s newsletter Men Yell At Me
- Glee (completely inappropriate for a 10-year-old!)
- Schmigadoon! (musical TV, more appropriate than Glee)
What should we learn from this movie?
Lyz: “Girls, hold out.”
Alissa: “He who loves his fellow man is of the true seed of Abraham.”, also: “A man cannot be too clean for his betrothal.”, also: “if you ever get thrown into a pit of skeletons, don’t despair. You may still get out.”
Sam: “If you’re going to go on Rumspringa before your betrothal, you have to burn all the evidence.”